Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Paris I discovered


Have you ever been to Paris?

There's really no other city like it. A metropolis embellished through legend and myth – celebrated for its remarkable cultural history; its ectastic highs and melancholic lows, which seem to be palpable with the turn of every street corner.

I didn't really believe in its visual power until I went there. What I know now is that if you've got an eye for aesthetics, you will gain a kind of mental stimulation from dawn to dusk; the juxtaposition of intense beauty and questionable design, and the over arching narration provided by its diverse range of local and international inhabitants.

I remember my experience of Paris as scenic vignettes. I'm going to be dropping them into the blog weekly to share with you what it felt and looked like (to me). No doubt those of you who have been before may be familiar. The light and the varying seasons change how EVERYTHING appears.

- Nico

No comments:

Post a Comment